As we mark the end of NPR’s operations of the station in Berlin, we’d like to thank our many listeners in the Berlin metropolitan area for your support over the past 10 years. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve this community, and we look forward to continuing to serve Berlin listeners in a new capacity.
- Kings of War Delux Gamer's Edition MGE KW02
- Lego Base Plate 19 x 32 Studs Green - RARE Legoland Billund Contest
- Lego Star Wars 7263 Tie Fighter Darth Vader Light Up Lightsaber 2005 Complete
- Magna Grecia The Cradle of Civiltà - The Cradle of Civilization - New, Ita Eng
- MINICHAMPS 1 43 PORSCHE 956L TH LE MANS 1986
- NEW PERRY MINIATURES WAR OF THE pinkS INFANTRY 1455-1487 GAME COLLECTIBLES WR01
- PEUGEOT 307 WRC 2005 PLAIN BODY 2005 RED AUTOART 80557 1 18 red red red
- Rage R C - Painted and Decorated Hull; Velocity 800 BL
- SCHUCO SH0109 GOGGOMOBILE COUPE' TS 250 1957 CREAM 1 18 MODELLINO DIE CAST MODEL
- CHEVROLET Le Blazer avec Caravane Ancien MAJORETTE série 3000 en Blister
- Castorland The Trevi Fountain Jigsaw Puzzle (3000-Piece, Multi-Colour)
- Castorland B-060030 Passage Jigsaw Puzzle
- last »
Dr. Bettina Gaber is pretty busy this Monday afternoon. Every chair in the waiting room of her practice for gynecology and obstetrics is taken. Still, Dr. Gaber takes her time with a young woman from Afghanistan. She wants to remain anonymous - we'll call her Malia. Malia is expecting her third child.
Khatol Sediq from the NGO Malteser Hilfsdienst sees integration as a two-way street. She believes that people from different cultures can understand each other and also respect their differences. She says it's great to get to know other cultures and to share your own culture and values.
"So I haven't seen her since the hospital, because I was away. So now I am back and I am very excited to see the baby today." Elisabeth Waller volunteers with the Auntie Teams for Pregnant Refugee Women; an American initiative in cooperation with the Malteser Hilfsdienst. We are on our way to visit Maryam, her husband Javad and their newborn baby Elena.